EBSCO Creative Concepts is more than a promotional products company. We also have, under our broad collective belt, some experience in trade shows and the preparation thereof. And ’tis the trade show season.
Here are five tips that will help your booth stand out from the rest.
1. First, try to secure a spot in a high traffic area, even near the restrooms.
2. Entice the senses: hang something from the ceiling that flutters or is otherwise highly visible all over the hall; bake fragrant cinnamon apples in a toaster oven at your booth; have a hands-on game that tests a skill.
3. Send out postcards a couple weeks before the show that offer nice gifts if folks drop by.
4. If you have giveaways, make sure that they are quality items that attendees will take home or back to the office. Gifts that will be thrown away just waste your money. Also think hard about handing out brochures. It would be better to take the names and e-mail addresses of interested people so that you can send them follow-up messages with their REQUESTED info.
5. Make ’em laugh, make ’em laugh, make ’em laugh. Well, maybe not as much as the character in “Singin’ in the Rain” proposed, but if you can initially engage a passerby in a giggle, it gives you a few seconds to interest him in your products or services.
(If we listed a sixth, it would throw off the whole “five” thing, but CALL us for more info and assistance – 800.756.7023!)